Beds N Dreams respects our customer’s rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Act”) and we comply with all of the Act’s requirements in relation to the collection, management and disclosure of your Personal Information. For more information, visit www.oaic.gov.au.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your “Personal Information” generally includes any information that can be used to personally identify you such as your name, address, telephone number, email address and occupation. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
Information we may collect and retain
We may collect the following types of Personal Information:
1. Name, residential / mailing addresses, email addresses, telephone number/s, purchase history;
2. In some instances, we may also ask for a customer’s date of birth, gender, age bracket, income bracket, occupation, interests, products or services you have purchased or have enquired about;
3. Information you may have provided through our customer service centre, website, our representatives or otherwise;
4. Beds N Dreams collects anonymous information on website activity. We use this data to evaluate our website’s performance and to improve the content we display to our customers. We also may use third party software to collect anonymous data to evaluate the effectiveness of our digital advertising. We may also record IP addresses to analyse our website performance and track users’ online activity.
Beds N Dreams may use Google software to present advertising to you on other websites (remarketing) after you have visited our website. Anyone can opt-out of receiving this form of advertising by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager.
Beds N Dreams may use ‘cookies’ to recognise your browser each time you visit our website and the pages you visit whilst on our website. These ‘cookies’ do not personally identify users but can identify a user’s browser. If you do not wish to receive any cookies, you may set your browser to refuse them.
Collection of Personal information
Beds N Dreams may collect personal information through various activities including:
- access and use of our website;
- conversations with staff members;
- a quote or application for purchase;
- an application for finance;
- online registrations or entering your details on our website;
- participation in Beds N Dreams surveys / research / promotions from;
- subscribing to our mailing list;
- our social media pages;
- application for a franchise;
- submission of a job application or résumé.
We may also collect information from third parties such as credit reporting bodies, law enforcement agencies, and other government agencies.
Why we may collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal information
Beds N Dreams may share your Personal Information amongst Corporate Bodies (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001). Beds N Dreams may use, collect and hold your personal information to
- complete a transaction, provide reminders about the items in your shopping cart and to deliver products and services;
- to better understand our customer’s needs and provide a better service in store and online;
- to manage customer queries or customer service issues;
- to keep our customer’s up-to-date with products, services, events or promotions. You can opt-out from this activity at any time;
- when recruiting staff and contractors;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing Personal Information to our Corporate Bodies, contractors, service providers or other third parties.
Disclosure of Personal information
We may disclose your Personal Information to:
- our employees, Related Corporate Bodies, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships for business, marketing, and related purposes;
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent;
- and to comply with any relevant law.
Beds N Dreams may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. This communication may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, social media, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
Customers can unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time.
We do not provide your Personal Information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
Access to your Personal information
You may request access to any Personal Information we hold about you at any time by contacting us. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you) at no cost to you.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the Personal Information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If this occurs, we will provide you with written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that Personal Information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it.
Beds N Dreams is committed to ensuring the security of your Personal Information and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect this information from loss, misuse or alteration.
Breach of Privacy
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. Our procedure for investigating and dealing with privacy breach may involve: making an assessment; taking immediate steps to contain the breach; designating a person/team to coordinate a response; consider what Personal Information is involved; determine whether the context of the information is important; establish the cause and extent of the breach; identify what is the risk of harm (if any); conduct a risk analysis on a case-by-case basis, and consider whether notification is required.
Links to third party websites are provided as a convenience to our customers. If you use these links, you will leave the Beds N Dreams website. Beds N Dreams is not responsible for any of these third-party sites, their content or their usage of your Personal Information.
Beds N Dreams Franchisees
- Provisions relating to the web are not applicable to your relationship with a franchisee.
- A franchisee may disclose your Personal Information to Beds N Dreams for the purposes of its operation of the Beds N Dreams franchise network.
Alterations to this Statement
Contacting Beds N Dreams
If you have any questions about this Policy, you should contact the Beds N Dreams store that you have been dealing with. You can find the contact details of each Beds N Dreams store by using the ‘Store Finder' button on our website.
If the Beds N Dreams store that you have been dealing with is unable to help you or if you are unsatisfied with their response, please contact Beds N Dreams Head Office Customer Service via 1300 233 700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially and will aim to ensure that any complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.